We provide a highly academic curriculum and disciplined environment which enables our students to achieve the highest possible qualifications. For our students gaining these qualifications and going to university is life transforming. We are absolutely committed to improving the life chances of our students and enabling them to become successful citizens and leaders. Our families come from all parts of the globe and they are highly aspirational for their children. We share in this aspiration and do what is needed to help students succeed.
We are a multicultural Trust and we actively develop our students as British and global citizens. Students have a multitude of opportunities to develop a whole range of skills and contribute to the school and wider community.
Through our policies, practice, evaluation and celebration we shall illustrate our commitment to:
- All humanity, respecting the rich diversity of individual, family and community life; specifically recognising and supporting the primary entitlement of all in the development of their own spiritual and emotional well-being and of a positive self-esteem.
- The fulfilment of personal potential through educational opportunity, based on the aspirations of individuals, appropriate to their needs and accessible to their circumstances.
- Innovative and flexible approaches to teaching and learning, effectively deployed to raise student aspirations; grounded in realistic self-appraisal, fuelled by clear visionary inspirations, driven by supportive staff, and resourced by state of the art facilities within a purposeful and attractive environment inspired by a clarity of vision from the school’s leaders.
- A broad, balanced and personalised curriculum, enhanced by our distinctive focus on Science, Technology and Languages, supported by effective deployment of a range of educational technologies.
- A variety of differentiated accreditation opportunities for all students based upon competencies, aptitudes and a pro-active approach to equality of opportunity for all, including securing the basic skills of literacy and numeracy as access keys to the curriculum.
- The provision of distinctive and high quality post-16 education, reflective of the School’s specialisms and with a focus on lifelong learning and collaboration with our community.
- A committed, well resourced staff including colleagues from outside conventional roles, deployed where appropriate to enhance the learning process.